- Local Environmental Quality and Inter-Jurisdictional Spillovers with Katrina Kosec.
- Federalism, Tax Base Restrictions, and the Provision of Intergenerational Public Goods.
- Multitasking, Limited Liability, and Political Agency with Gerard Padró i Miquel.
- Federalism, Taxation, and Economic Growth in the Journal of Urban Economics (2015).
- Electoral Regime and Trade Policy with William R. Hauk, Jr. in the Journal of Comparative Economics (2014).
- Revenue Decentralization, the Local Income Tax Deduction and the Provision of Public Goods in the National Tax Journal (2013).
- Federal Competition and Economic Growth with Katrina Kosec in the Journal of Public Economics (2013).
- A Political Economy Theory of Partial Decentralization with Gerard Padró i Miquel in the Journal of the European Economic Association (2012).
- Ricardian Equivalence for Local Government Bonds: A Utility Maximization Approach in Economics Letters (2010).
- Backward Intergenerational Goods with Endogenous Fertility in the Journal of Public Economic Theory (2008).